I am on cloud nine: Silambarasan


Silambarasan is happy with the critical acclaim heaped on his Krish directed Vaanam. The film has been appreciated by the audiences and the media has gone ga-ga over it. Says STR: “I was very happy to read all the reviews of the film that appeared in the media. I would rate Cable Raju as one of the best characters I have done so far. The film has not only been garnering critical acclaim but has also taken a flying opening at the box-office.” The best moment so far has been when his father T Rajendran saw Vaanam first day first show and came home and hugged him. Says an emotionally choked STR: “My father, after seeing the film, told me it was the best film of mine he has watched. I was moved when he hugged me and told me keep it up. It is very difficult to get a compliment from him and was also not keen on me doing a multi-starrer.” STR is also touched by the feedback from his fans who think that Vaanam is the right film for him, a perfect follow up to the much talked about commercial hit Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya. Adds the actor: “Some vested interests are trying to sabotage Vaanam but audiences are my biggest strength and they have accepted the film with both hands. I am on cloud nine”. With In scripts from sify.com