Osthe introduces a new villain to Kollywood

Speaking about his role in Vosthi (Tamil remake of Bollywood super hit Dabangg), John Kokken said:

Osthi marks my debut in Tamil as a villain and I am really grateful to director Dharani for giving me this role. When I was told that the hero is Silambarasan, I recollected the hero of Vinnaithandi Varuvayan: an extremely young and handsome hero with a very lean physique. But on reaching the location of Vosthi, I was taken aback when I saw Silambarasan. He was beefed up and looked really tough, an exact contrast to what I had in mind. Later, after I got introduced to him, he told me he had been preparing for this film and pumping some serious iron in the gym. It was fun working with him, especially our action sequence together. He is extremely soft-spoken and a very cooperative superstar. My character in Vosthi is called Vadakeeran hailing from Tirunelveli. My look in Vosthi, very raw and rugged and fierce, is inspired from my Kannada super hit Prithvi. Dharani sir is the second director after Jacob Varghese who has actually used my talent instead of making me look like a prop. Dharani sir is by far the most amazing super fast director I have seen till date. His team is quick, organized, professional and extremely efficient. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him. Shooting for this film gave me an opportunity to work with one of my dream fight masters, one of the best fight masters in India: Kanal Kannan. Master Kanal Kannan is great with his action sequence planning and his style of fights is very unique. I had a blast working with him. I also shared screen space with one of my idol villains Sonu Sood; it was great working and interacting with him. Overall, this film was a great experience and will guarantee me more roles in Tamil films. I am excited and eagerly looking forward to its release.

Courtesy : Galatta

Editor : Shakthi Girish